You must be 13 years of age or older to access or use our Services. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to access or use the Services and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us.
We are based in the United States. No matter where you are located, you consent to the processing and transferring of your information in and to the United States and other countries. (See Section 1 below.)
Table of Contents
- Where Your Information is Processed.
- Categories of Information Collected
- Information Use
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Information Access
- California Users
- Contact Us
1. Consent to Personal Information Processing and Third Party Providers
1.2. Personal Information Collection and Processing. When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no. If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: HipDot, c/o MM Inc. 12435 Oxnard St. North Hollywood CA 91606.
- Types of Personal Information and other data collected.
2.1. Overview. When you access or use our Services, we may collect "personal information”, by which we mean any information that can be used to identify a particular individual. This can include traditional identifiers such as name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and non-traditional identifiers such as unique device identifiers and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. For example, when you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system. We may collect personal information, and non-personal and other information that you or others give us (e.g., your contact details, or your comments), or allow us to receive either through our preferences in your computer, device or browser settings, or from third parties such as social networks or through the use of our Services (e.g. the pages you visit or the elements of our Services you use). To illustrate, when you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Below are examples of the categories and types of personal information, non-personal and other information we may collect.
2.2. Account Registration. Users may access certain elements of our Services, such as our website, without need of registration. Certain services may require that you register for an account and provide us with personal and other information, including but not limited to: your first and last name; your email address; your phone number; username, and user password, social media identification information, e.g., Facebook connect account.
2.3 Information Relating to Your Voluntary Activities. You may provide us information for the following:
- Survey information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal data if you post comments, or contribute to community discussions
- When use any of the forms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
2.4. Cookies and Tracking Technologies. We use standard tracking technologies like cookies, pixels and local storage, to collect certain types of personal and non-personal information, including: (i) which of our web pages, apps and other Services you access; (ii) information about your mobile device (such as device and browser type); and (iii) your Internet protocol address, search query and other information relating to your use of our website. We collect these types of information to help us provide you a more personalized and relevant online experience including by remembering your preferences and providing personalized content.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
2.6. Third Party Services and Links. . We also acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provide or we collect automatically. If you access our Services from a third party service such as the Apple App Store, Google Play, Amazon App Store, or another third party site or service (“TPS”), you are subject to the privacy policies of the respective TPS. Our Services may contain links to websites and services. We encourages you to review the privacy statements on those sites and services that you choose to visit so that you can understand how they may collect, use and share your personally identifiable information. We are not responsible for the privacy statements or practices of sites and services controlled by other companies or organizations.
- Information Use
We use personal information and other data collected for the following purposes:
- Create your accounts and allow access to our Services
- Provide technical support and respond to user inquiries
- Solicit input and feedback to improve our products and services and customize your user experience
- Inform users about new products updates or promotional offers
- Customize your use of the Services and the content you may receive
- Contact you at the email address as needed or requested
- Improve, customize, and promote our Services
- For any other purpose, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and with your consent.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Information Access
If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal information we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any information that we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com or the mailing address provided below If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal data in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
- Information Security
We implement reasonable security measures to protect the security of your information, and we are committed to the protection of your personal information .
While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we can’t guarantee security, and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe (including your account password), and to logout of your account after use. If your TPS account is hacked, this may lead to unauthorized access, so be careful to keep your account information secure. Please remember that your use the Services are at your own risk, and you’re responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account (like using a strong password).
- California Users – Do Not Track
California law gives its residents the right to request information regarding the types of consumer personal information that this site collects and shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may make a request to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: HipDot, c/o MM Inc. 12435 Oxnard St. North Hollywood CA 91606. Please include My California Privacy Rights in the subject line of your email and allow 30 days for us to respond. Because there is no accepted standard on how to respond to Do Not Track signals, we do not respond to such signals.
- Contact Us